DUBLIN THROUGH THE YEARS
R&R Industrial Metals starts humbly as founder Elbert Rafferty and partner begin operations founded on an idea: to collect unwanted scrap metal from local area businesses. Driven by hard work and a business motto that ended all deals in a handshake, R&R successfully ran their one-truck shop for six years.
Elbert and wife Gladys continued to expand R&R, and welcomed their two sons, Kevin and Keith to the business. With loyalty and customer dedication as the founding principles instilled by Elbert, the company was renamed K&K Industrial Metal.
After the passing of Elbert, Gladys, Keith, and Kevin came together and renamed the company Dublin Scrap Metal, Inc. With a new outlook and strong work ethic, Dublin began to expand its fleet, business relationships and office staff.
Dublin continues to build and expand, doubling it’s fleet and tripling it’s staff.
Dublin Scrap Metal, Inc., becomes a mid-sized, full-service scrap metal recycle and recover facility. Expanding to a new 75,000 square-foot building, Dublin is centrally located in Newark, New Jersey. Dublin now processes, handles, stores, and transports more than 90,000 tons of ferrous and 10,000 tons of non-ferrous metal annually, while providing service to customers worldwide.
With a total of fifteen trucks in the fleet, a state-of-the-art metallurgical laboratory, and over forty dedicated employees, Dublin is bound by the commitment to excellent and friendly service.
- Total commitment from long-term employees to provide customers with outstanding service and support
- Diverse service portfolio
- Well-established and loyal customer base
- Continuous industry research and development
- Low cost processing operations with ever-increasing productivity
(The Future Ahead)
- Quarterly Contractor Seminars
- Increased Marketshare
- Fleet expansion (servicing more and more customers throughout the USA)
- New facility to host Non-ferrous or Ferrous materials
- Land ownership at or near New Jersey/New York
- Ports for direct export to China (no broker involvement)
- Increase Staff (Building divisons for Non-Ferrous, Ferrous direct sales)
- Full Recycling Services and Resources complying with NJ State Environmental Regulations
- Increase major consumer partnerships
- Worldwide Import and Export services (Provide IM/EX services to current Fortune 500 clients who have manufacturing facilities in other counties.
- Expand client base by 25%
- Become Internationally recognized as one of the leading scrap metal providers